Monday, July 12, 2010

Two Weeks Out

I can't believe it's already been TWO WEEKS since I had my DS procedure! It's definitely been eventful. I seem to have experienced the most random side effects. I realize this may be TMI, but I'm documenting everything I've been through! After getting home the Thursday after surgery I was having some bleeding when using the bathroom. After calling my doctor's office that Friday it was determined that the stress of surgery had caused me to start my period. Yeah, that's what you want to deal with right after surgery! LOL. Then on Saturday right after surgery, I got a yeast infection due to the antibiotics I'd been on during my stay in the hospital. Lovely. During my first days home my back hurt pretty badly because of the hospital bed, but that thankfully didn't last too long. Then last Tuesday and Wednesday I had a terrible pain in my side. I wasn't sure what was going on so I took Gas-X and did lots of walking to see if I could rule that out. The pain wasn't relieved after the gas was, so it was off to the doctor last Thursday for me. After seeing the doc he said it was probably just a sore muscle since I'm using different ones instead of using my stomach muscles like normal. Thank goodness it was nothing serious. While at the doctor's office I also started having an allergic reaction to the steri strips that were covering my incisions. He removed them all and told me that taking them off and using cortisone cream would make them better. Oh how they have itched. They have just now stopped, knock on wood. The nurse weighed me before I saw the doc and I had lost 20 POUNDS!!!! Whoo hoooo! I was thrilled!

This weekend I felt well enough to visit my family for my Mom's birthday. I even ventured out with Mom to visit Grandma at the retirement home. Courtney picked me up Friday because I haven't driven yet. The last day I took pain meds was last Wednesday though so I'm about ready to drive. I know it will be sore and pull some but should be alright. I should be able to drive to my post-op class this Thursday.

All in all I feel as though I'm turning a corner. I'm feeling better and am able to do more. I was pretty excited that I was able to lay on my side some the last two days. This was very exciting since I sleep on my side and haven't been able to since surgery. It's made for some not so fun INSOMNIA lately. I'm praying that's over now though!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the loss - that's awesome! Glad you're on the mend! :)