Friday, April 29, 2011

10 Month's Post-Op

10 month's have passed since surgery, and 160 lbs have come off! Hallelujah!!! I lost 10 lbs in the past month, which I was excited about! Things are going well.

I continue to go to counseling every week and am learning SO very much about the mental aspect of all this. This past week my counselor had me write out the pros & cons of 'Eating Any Food, Any Amount, Any Time'. Guess what? There aren't that many pros...go figure. And believe me, I tried to think of some. My counselor told me to pull the list out every time I ate this week to remind myself of the HUGE cons side of the list, which will help me to make more appropriate choices.


I also have a great friend who is serving as an accountability partner now, at the suggestion of my counselor. And at my accountability partner's suggestion, after discussing it with my counselor, and thinking about it for awhile now, I'm going to start a bible study called First Place 4 Health. I have orientation for it this Sunday and am looking forward to starting it May 12th. This will be yet another way to encourage me on this journey and hold be accountable. I'm very excited!

After looking at these 10 month post-op pics I've realized I need new picture clothes. These baggy things are not doing me any justice. I look bigger than I think I actually am. I think I need to obtain some new threads before my 11 month photos. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You are doing awesome!! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great and your right when you think about what the benefits of over eating or eating with out being hungry. There isn't any. And I am actually learning to feel instead of eat. And though its a tough journey its so worth it

    ReplyDelete