Wednesday, January 12, 2011

McOatmeal

I tried McDonald's new Fruit & Maple Oatmeal this morning and it was...wait for it...DELISH!

I had seen the commercials, and posters on the store windows for it, but since I'm not the hugest oatmeal fan (ate too much of the stuff during lapband and Weight Watchers and got burned out) I wasn't sure about it. I'm also not a huge fan of apples so that was another drawback for me, but I was starving this morning, had nothing at the house, and wanted to be healthier than Egg McMuffins and burritos so I opted for the oatmeal.

It gets an A in my book! The combo of oates, raisins, apples, and cranberries, along with brown sugar was just right. Oh, and it's also available without brown sugar if that's not something you want. As the website says, "The tasty bowl has two servings of whole grains, about a half cup of fruit and is rich in vitamin C." I loved that the nutritional info was right on the side of the cup too. The serving size is 9.2 oz and has 290 calories, 4.5 g of fat, 5 g of protein, and 32 g of sugar. The sugar is high, depending on the eating/lifestyle change you have adopted (diet is a dirty word!). However if you aren't into fruit and just want some healthy oatmeal on your way to work you could cut out 15 g of sugar by cutting the cranberry raisin blend. I personally think it makes the dish, but to each their own.

Definitely check it out. It was a yummy, healthy option for breakfast on the go.

And no, McDonald's isn't paying me to endorse them...dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment