Tuesday, June 7, 2011

11 Month's Post-Op

It's been 11 months! Can you believe it?! I can't! Where has the year gone? I'm a bit late taking these 11 month pics, but figured better late than never. I did weigh last Friday, June 3rd. I had put it off for a few days because I was afraid to be disappointed. Ha. I was definitely, pleasantly surprised when I weighed. I'd lost another 10 lbs in the past month. That makes my total weight loss a whopping 170 lbs. I can't even believe it. That's a whole person, plus some. How in the WORLD was I lugging that around?! I have no idea. I'm just glad I am no longer attempting to do so.


I still struggle with weight issues. Will I eat well today and make appropriate choices? Will I track? Will I exercise? I've come to realize that I will always have these struggles, but I am learning to make better choices regarding them. Counseling is really helping me in this area and so is my accountability partner. Most weeks canceling my counseling appt or ignoring that text or email from my accountability partner crosses my mind. It just does. I don't want to face the area where I haven't done my best that week. I always feel better after facing it though and talking about it. Funny, huh? And then I dread it the next time it comes around. Ha.


This struggle has been much harder than I ever thought it would be. Yes, I have lost 170 lbs, so something is going right, but this whole mental thing...yeah, it's so crazy when you start picking it apart. I thought I'd go to counseling for a few weeks and be "fixed". It doesn't really work that way. 31+ years of being over-weight and the mental toll that takes on you doesn't disappear overnight. I am working on it though. This is the first time EVER that I have worked on it. Maybe that's why my attitude is different this time. Even when I stumble I'm getting back up and not giving up. I'm never going to give up.



I pinned my clothes back this month so you could see the weight loss a little better, but ultimately I just need new clothes for these monthly pictures. I'll see what I can do for the one year ones later this month. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment